Words of Wisdom for New Graduates from 6x6 Business Guides
Dear Class of 2021,
You made it! You completed an incredible college journey.And what a journey it has been.
There were many ups and downs, highs, and lows:all-nighters, cramming for exams, countless pots of coffee, endless quarantine, an infinite supply of masks and an overload of Zoom sessions! Of course, you’ll never forget that infectious laughter, the permanent bond between friends and those adventures that are committed to the vault!
2021 may be one of the most challenging, daunting and eye-opening years of your life.
At 6x6 we like to describe this chapter of your life with one word: discovery. We believe this exciting transition is all about having the courage and the curiosity to explore. Discover the confidence to pursue your dreams. Lean into your knowledge base and your network of friends and acquaintances to experiment, learn and discover the possibilities of your life.
As you embark on your post-graduate journey, consider these6 pieces of advice and words of wisdom from our 6x6 Team:
1. Identify and interview 6 interesting people before Labor Day– find out how they did what they did and ask for a little advice.
2. Set 6 massive goals to achieve by the time you turn 30.
3. Get and stay organized! Where there is clutter, there is distraction and lack of focus. Organization frees your mind to grow and focus on larger goals and spontaneous opportunities.
4. Pursue one unexpected, out-of-the box role as part of your search. You never know where it may lead.
5. Put everyone you meet into your contact database. Everyone.Figure out a system for keeping in loose touch. It will come in handy down the road.
6. Follow your heart or passion in pursuing something that makes you feel you have helped someone else and/or made a difference in someone else’s life.
From our team to you, congratulations! We are so proud of you. You are on your way and the journey has only just begun.
Until next time,